20090609

first blog...38 days til France

I figured I'd set up this blog to document my trip to France!
Last October, I waiting for a build at work, so I started searching bike trips that followed LeTour de France, by the end of the day I had put deposits down on 2 trips, both fully refundable once the itinerary was set. One tour group called for over 40,000 ft (average about 6,000 ft a day) in vertical climbing over 2 weeks, the other group offered, easy bike rides and a jersey, so I decided I'd go biking w/ them!
I know many people think I'm too serious about biking, I might be, but I'm not stupid!

Here are the details of the trip:
http://www.bikestyletours.com/tour-de-france/tour-de-france-2009/alpes-paris

I'll be seeing stages 16-21, which includes the last individual time trial, the climb up Mt. Ventoux and the final day in Paris

Plan is to blog here and post pics on Facebook, so if you want to add comments to the pics, you'll have to join facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment