20110131

January is over

And I know I already rode more January 2011 than in January 2010.
Saturday, Kristen and I did the same loop as last week, I tried to wuss out and turn around early, but she wouldn't let me, so I had to do the 'hill' twice. It wasn't much of a hill, but it was a hill non the less.
The stuffed pink fish was still on the side of the road as was the very dead opossum. There was also a mangled raccoon (poor Rocky) and another dead opossum.
Then on the second loop, Kristen's tire decided to hiss at us! Boo! I think this is my third longer ride w/ KT & her second flat. Unlike my ex-husband, Kristen knows how to change a flat, but the weird thing was, once she put it on her bike, it hissed again...even weirder was the guy who stopped and had a foot pump (I say weird cuz he had overalls on (like an aggie) and was wearing a longhorn shirt), ok not as weird as we pumped up the tired, put it back on and finished out the 8 miles w/out any issues! I wonder if her tire is flat today...note to self, get Kristen that extra tube liner you have...
We finished the same route 4 mins faster (ride time) than last week!
Then on Sunday, I was very out of it but decided to ride shoal creek and scout the Bike 101 starting point. I think NW park will work the best. Somehow I did manage 11 miles...

Miles for this ride: 20 & 11
Total miles for the month: 61
Total miles for 2011: 61,
Miles to go: 1439 to hit 1500!

No comments:

Post a Comment