20111108

Tour de Gruene


One of my goals for 2011 was to ride the tour de Gruene since Phu told me it was her first ride & the reason she bought a bike.
At first KPT & I were going to do the 63 mile route, until we realized there wouldn't be much training before the ride, so we decided to just ride 45, I think that made Jorge very happy!

Morning of the ride, running late..ugh...temp 37, more ugh, very crowded (ugh) didn't realize this ride was going to be so popular.
Actually met up w/ all the ABCx crowd & ran into Jorge & Becky at registration, then Jorge passed me up at mile 7, I caught back up with him & we rode together to the next rest stop.
The ride was hillier than I thought, but I'd have to say I kicked it's butt, esp the last few hills! passed up several people and kept going, never having to get into the granny of all granny gears! whoo hoo!

Next time, though, I must go w KPT & make a day out of it!






************************************
Miles for this ride: 48.95
Miles for the week: about 64
Total miles for the month: for November-- 64
Total miles for 2011: 1867 not including mtn bike rides
Miles to go: -377 to hit 1500 133 to 2011
Odometer: 11677

No comments:

Post a Comment