20110215

5.8, 7, 34, wtf

I was chicken proofing the garden, time was running out, so I could continue working & run later or bike and shower before I had to meet Da Queen at 5. Not knowing what to do, I wrote 'ride' on one side of a scrap piece of wood and 'run later' on the other side, tossed it in the air and it landed on 'ride.' So, I picked up the tools, etc, changed into my super hero outfit, aired up the tires & off I went for a 30 min ride.
30 mins doesn't leave you many options...I could do the 6 mile loop on Shoal Creek or 2 loops of Hancock, Shoal Creek & Bullcreek, OR I could 'be like Lance' and ride the hills on Balcones!

Balcones is a 2 lane winding road w/ steep hills. I managed to avoid the steep hill heading out (I followed the bike route signs the safer route) made it to Pecos, decided to turn around and head back. the last time I remember riding Balcones was in 2006 when I was inspired by Lance and going up the steep hill on the way back, my mantra was "I'm not Lance", so on the way back this time, I thought taking the bike route would by pass the "I'm not Lance" hill. And as far as i know it did, but either way, Balcones now contains two "I'm not Lance" hills, or at least my 5.8 mph going up the hill before the bike route turns is now the "I'm not Lance" hill and I'm kinda afraid to not take the bike route from here on out...
It was a short ride, but got the heart rate up high and made me use muscles I hadn't in a while, that or building the garden fence really strained my hamstrings!

Miles for this ride: 7
Roadkill for this ride: a squirrel with meat showing
Total miles for the month: 21 (rounding)
Total miles for 2011: 82
Miles to go: 1418 to hit 1500!

No comments:

Post a Comment