20110919

Donuts, donkeys & downpours

As per most early, rise before the chickens, Saturday rides, this one started off with 2 breakfast tacos and a donut from Mi Victoria Bakery.

Then off to San Marcos to ride 68 miles. Nice to ride with another group that has put together the ride and maps and even provided SAG, but G&L still provide the best SAG. Pretty cool how up until this year I had never rode near San Marcos and Lockhart, but the majority of these summer rides have been out that way!

One must always stop at these types of photo ops!


Then further down the road on the way to Fentress (yet another 'town' I had never been to before these rides & now I've been there twice). We ran across a group of miniature donkeys.


Back at the outlet mall on mile 68, KPT & CJ want to do another 19 mile loop, I'll settle for 3.5 out & back. Yes folks, that is a rain cloud!

And yes, we road the last 2 miles in it! What a downpour! I thought it was wonderful, KPT on the other hand was not impressed.


***********************************************************
Miles for this ride: 74
Miles for the week: 110
Total miles for the month: 305 (ths one is hard to keep up with)
Total miles for 2011: 1443
Miles to go: 57 to hit 1500 (think I'll reset my goal to 2011 miles for 2011!)
Odometer: 11254

No comments:

Post a Comment