20120601

May Bike Month Summary

Here's the breakdown of my 31 days of bike riding for National Bike Month & Stroke awareness month. Thinking back to 4 years ago, I'm not sure I would have been able to pull this off. Maybe next year I'll bike to work all month or at leasat the bike to work week.


May 1: This was an easy one--Austin Bike Chix ride.
May 2: Commuted to work, received a ride home after a work function. Came across a fellow cyclist who had fallen, I gave her a bandaid & escourted her to Town Lake.
May 3: Drove to work & commuted home, rode by the sight of a recent car/bike accident to pay my respects to Verter. I forgot my light thus I wasn't able to attend the bike rally. Grabbed a geocache on the way home.
May 4. Commuted to work, drove home.
May 5: Rode to Mi Victoria to pick up breakfast tacos & donuts, shortest ride of the week. (1.89 miles, 10 mins 21 seconds
May 6: Rode to HEB to buy lemons & avocados.
May 7: Intervals in the hood before the rain.
May 8--rain, so I did 1 leg exercises on the trainer for as long as I could stand.
May 9-- communte home...fun hilly ride home! found 20 hills to climb on my way home, always amazes me how much easier they get!
May 10--commute into work.
May 11-- went to Belton to watch the nephews play baseball, came home late, so on Friday night at 1:30, I was riding to the corner store for a 16 ounce Miller Lite. Sad thing is, I didn't even finish it, I had to go to be so I could rest for the Armadillo ride the next morning.
May 12-- Armadillo ride 35 miles plus 2 miles taunting KPT as she ran.
May 13--ride to NW Park to swim
May 14--4.5 year strokeiversery, since I can't do Bike to work day on Friday, I biked both ways on Monday instead! Then I had a steak for dinner!
May 15: ABCx ride w 2 rookies who not only hung w me on hill repeats but kicked my booty!
May 16: biked home from work, stopped at the Pflugger bridge to attend the Ride of Silence.
May 17: biked to work, got passed by a guy in a 787 racing kit, but the best part was we met up at the same place about 2 miles later! Oh the shock on his face! He took the hillier route, I gotta green light! still made my day.
May 18: beer run to the corner store
May 19: Real Ale Ride, Kelli & I made the most of our 13 mile ride which we turned into 20, great beer at the end, too!
May 20: errand to the grocery store.
May 21: errand to the library followed by 10 mins of exercise.
May 22: ABCx ride w a hill repeat
May 23: Commute home from work.
May 24: Commute to & from work w a stop at the Mamma Jamma kickoff party on the way home
May 25: Commute to work.
May 26: Danskin loop w/ Kristen
May 27: Errand to HEB
May 28: Pay Phone Revival ride
May 29: ABCx ride
May 30: Errand to the library & HEB

**************************************
Total miles for the month: for May:  300.71
Total miles for 2012: 933.37
Miles to go: 1078.63  miles til 2012
Total for the month one way commuting trips:  14
Odometer: Road: 12414
Cross: 333.4

No comments:

Post a Comment