20120628

Record breaking Bike Ride

On Tuesday, June 26th, 2012 it hit 109 in Austin. So, what did ABCx do? We rode our normally scheduled Tuesday night ride! And the best part was, no one passed out!  We did find that it was hotter when we stopped riding, so stops were limited to a few minutes.

ABCx has started riding w/ the Mamma Jamma training rides. On Sunday we went to the Veloway. I had the pleasure of giving Grenita  ride. Last time I road down there was about 18 months ago. I remember struggling up the hills, well, I kicked their butts this time! It's always good to see progress!
 But on the progress note, I don't feel like I'm as fast as I was last year,def not as fast when D & I were riding.

Still riding to work at least 1 full trip a week and trying to run errands in the hood.

*****************************************************
Total miles for the month: for June so far:  237.44
Total miles for 2012: 1170.81
Miles to go: 841.19    miles til 2012
One way commuting trips: 9
Total for the year one way commuting trips: 44
Odometer: Road: 12537
Cross: 450.20

No comments:

Post a Comment