20130325

yikes on Johnson creek



Weds morning when riding to work, Once  on Johnson creek I had that "I hope there isn't a cyclist down in the ditch" as I went they the tunnel, thankfully there wasn't.  However as I rode to the top of the hill I saw there was s fire truck on the access road, I thought " that sux hope the car's passengers  are ok, only to go down the hill to see EMS pushing a gurney up the sidewalk with a cyclist strapped on. I didn't realize it was a cyclist until I saw his riding partner walking 2 bikes  up. Interesting that they were on road bikes and there was a guy who looked like he just woke up (shorts, no shoes or socks & a baggy t-shirt.) with them. Maybe a friend if the rider down? Anyhow it was disheartening & I hope the guy is ok. I looked to see where he might have gone down, but didn't see anything. Needless to say I was very careful the rest of my way to work, I wonder where I put my Road ID.

Most rides recently have been commuting or intervals on Shoal Creek, been missing those long rides. I get the hill work outs on the way to work, hmm, should I start adding a repeat?



*************************************************************
Miles for this ride: 14.71, 11.35, 9.93, 7.04
Total miles for the month of March: 88.26
Total miles for 2013: 357.18
Miles  til 2013:  1655.82  (got a long way to go)
One way commutes in March so far: 4
Total one way commutes in 2013: 16
Odometer
Road: 13327  poor thing is being neglected
Cross: 1703
Trip2:
Road: 148.07
Cross: 221.32
why are my trips not adding up to 357, where is the error? ugh, if only I had not reset trip 2!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment