20130628

Errands and one longer ride Plus June totals

The last part of June has been full of running errands by bike and one longer ride the Mamma Jamma Latte Light training ride. I did somehow manage to hit platinum the Humana Vitality Points deal, so I bought myself an iPod nano to carry my favorite songs on, I'm seeing if I can get 1498 points by the end of June so I can get an Amazon gift card, at the very least I'll get an iTunes gift card. Nice to see a reward for my exercise in a different way. Wonder if United has something like this for me to obsess over.

On the Mamma Jamma Training ride we headed downtown at 15th & San Jacinto I waited for Jerry who got caught at a light, after that I think we stopped at every light except for one, talk about red light karma!
Felt good to get on the road bike! It is so much lighter than the cross bike, on the way back enjoyed talking to Erika from REI. All in all great ride 32.04 miles.
I wanna win that bike for Grenita!

The cycle track on 4th, very nice!

The guy I kept seeing at all the lights!
 As far as errands the shortest was going to the library an HEB at 3.66 miles, the longest was to the dentist then Lane 4 then Crumps Plumbing at 13.38 miles. Longest ride on the cross bike was an ABCx ride 17.14 (which includes riding to/from the park). I did ride on Burnet road3 times at off hours so not much traffic! From Lane 4 to The turn to Crumps, then to get to the Pour House (need to call that light in) and thenn from HEB to Hey Cupcake, no problems.

 I carried some strange things on my bike:
A pet carrier found on bulk trash pick up! The junior chicks are loving it!

And a watermelon. I should have bought a 6 pack to balance the load.
****************************************************

Miles for these rides: not many most are under 10 miles if not 5 miles
Miles for the 15 days:110.04
Total miles for the month of June: 195.88
Total miles for 2013:1219.99
Miles til 2013:  793.01  (below 800 miles!)
One way commutes in June: 0
Total one way commutes in 2013: 44 will be on hold for a while on this number
Total errands: 16  this month so far + 10 in May + 5 in other months  (31)
Odometer:

Road: 13616
Cross: 2266.4
Trip2:
Road: 436.96
Cross:735.10

No comments:

Post a Comment