20130613

I miss commuting...

I realized that I don't miss much about work: (1) the laser printer, but my new job has a color one, so I can be patient, (2) Kearney, he's such as good hard working guy, smart, funny & genuine. I really enjoyed working again with him. (3) Commuting. I was just getting so I was commuting 40% of the drive and was on a role after bike month 44 one way commutes, nearly halfway to my goal of 100 one way commutes.
Not sure if I'll be able to commute to St. Stephens for a couple of reasons: (1) classes start at 8:00 AM, I'm not a morning person and it takes 40-55 mins to get there. (2) Did I mention the big hill once I get past the Penny Backer Bridge? If I did make it to work in decent time, my head would be dripping wet with sweat. MapMyRide has it as a category 5 climb. (3) at Affinegy I was able to sit in jeans, a t-shirt & a ball cap the rest of the day, don't think that can happen at SSES, but the good news is I would have access to a shower.  So I will probably give it a shot one day. But I guess with living on campus one night a week, I'll still be saving my 20%.
To make up for my lack of commutes, I'm trying to ride my bike when it's less than 5 miles away. So far I've ridden to HEB, Lowes, Peoples, Central Market, Pint House Pizza, Doctor to get blood drawn, Crumps Plumbing Supply, a friends house & to swim. I've found if I ride at least 4 miles and the timer on the Humana Fit goes for over 30 mins, I'll hit over 200 calories & get credit for exercising. By the end of July I'll cash in my points for an Amazon gift card or maybe a new heart rate monitor (in hopes that it makes cool graphs--I can only imagine the math problems from those!)
The one time I got on the road bike for what was to be a long hilly ride, well, I got caught in the 20% chsnce of rain! Oh well, maybe in another week!

Fun pics of my routes to play Rorschach Ink Blot Tests with:




*****************************************************************************
Miles for these rides: not many--shortest: 2.17 to the Dr., longest 9.05 to Crumps
Miles for the 13 days: 85.84
Total miles for the month of June: 85.84
Total miles for 2013: 1109.95
Miles til 2013:  903.15  (below 1000 miles!)
One way commutes in June: 0
Total one way commutes in 2013: 44will be on hold for a while on this number
Total errands: 9 this month so far + 10 in May + 5 in other months 
Odometer:

Road: 13584
Cross: 2188.4
Trip2:
Road: 404.56
Cross: 688.93





No comments:

Post a Comment