20090713

getting excited

So, I'm getting way too excited about the trip!
I just read this on the official Le Tour website about the tour group I'm going with:

"Only the Tour de France and its 2009 official Tour Operators can provide you VIP access to the “Village” of the Tour de France and to the private areas along the arrival. With them you can also meet the most famous people of the Tour, you can discover the road of a mythical stage just a few hours before the riders, cross the finish line and step on the podium, just like a pro…"

Wonder what all that means! I would love to see the "village" on the ITT day in Annecy. I just read on itinary on the website "A good place to watch the Time Trial is in a bar." whatever, I didn't come over here to sit in a bar..I'll walk (taxi?) to the starting area and push my way to where I need to be! I can watch the highlights later on tv!

I have decided that I'm going to watch stage 16 from Pre-St. Didier close to the final climb (Col de Petit St. Bernard Cat 1 climb)--whatever that means, I might have to walk a bit up the mountain, hope it will be a good picture day! Prob will watch stage 17 from somewhere, too, thinking I can ride to Col de Romme (fourth out of five climbs for that day to watch it, its a cat 1 climb) (just won't have the good camera w/ me...but you never know --wonder if I can handle a small backpack for 12 miles?)


All this of course depends on how tired I am, how much Jet lag has screwed w/ me and what the tour operators say is happening. Looks like there will be 3 groups going out each day from the tour group. First group will the the "die hard's" that want to ride fast and hard, second group will be those that just want to ride at a leisurely pace, take pics, etc., third group will be those who are just watching the race. I will particpate in both the second group and third groups activities!

I'm cracking up, cuz after each ride description on the itinerary, it says: Don’t forget a day pack for after the ride. "You can change into your casual clothes to go see the race and for the drive afterwards. Don’t forget a chamois towel to have a bit of a clean up after your ride." I really hope people bring that Chamois towel so they can clean up, nothing is worse than stinky people on a bus!

I took my last 'training ride' this morning. Taking the bike apart tomorrow and packing it up. 3 more sleeps til I get on the plane!

4 comments:

  1. kewl kim! this sounds so awesome. good luck and don't stalk lane too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops typo - i mean dont stalk lance too much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time! Looking forward to the updates!!! - Gieg

    ReplyDelete