20090724

Mt. Ventoux, the day b4 the stage

Mt. Ventoux

I rode all the way to the top! (in the van!) along the way I took pics of others on the tour group, here they are. Those didn’t come out so hot, but once I got to the top and took pics of some of the group finishing. There was no way I could have finished in under 4 hours. Part of me (that damn competitive side) wants to get in better shape and come back and do it for the big 50, but then another part says, “why in the hell do you want to do that?”

When I first read on the itinerary about riding it, I wrote, “ha, whatever” Then somewhere along the way, the more I researched, the more I talked to others, the more I wanted to do it. Guess I wanted to ‘set the record for a stroke survivor’ getting to the top. Gee, even the drive up there was tedious; I can’t imagine being on a bike and doing it. I’m glad I didn’t do it, no regrets in saying no, even though the tour guides had offered to let me take the 6 hours and drive me back down, then they even said they would drive me to the chalet and let me go from there,, tempting, but no. So, I took 500 something pics. They turned out great!

Very impressed!
Be sure to read the captions—there was a 65 yr old man who did it, another lady near 60 who shattered her hip and was told she would never walk again, and a 15 yr old who had part of his liver removed due to cancer. All incredible people, was glad I was able to capture their experience for them!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=83752&id=1038297795&l=7e125ff2f6

1 comment:

  1. Wow! These are some amazing shots! Thanks for taking them. And thanks for posting them.

    ReplyDelete