20090730

Paris day 3: 20090729

Day 3 Paris: 20090729

Love the Metro, except for the pushing and cutting, but it is a great mode of transportation and so fun to figure out!

Got up early to eat breakfast w/ D&D, figure it would be funny and it was. Back to bed for an hour.

Finally found the sewer tour, very interesting and informative. Yet another good reason to go to college so you don’t have to work in a sewer! Funny how the sewer tour had the cleanest public restrooms!

Plan was to go to Notre Dame, but when I realized I was w/in walking distance < 2 miles, from the Rodin Museum, off I went. Stopped near the Eiffel tower and ate a power bar Courtney didn’t want to take home. Found a pretty flower garden, so I put my ‘Joyce’ hat on and took some pics. After looking at all Rodin’s sculptures, his models had nice butts…What has happened to the American butt and hamstrings! We all need to do more squats or something. Bring the butt muscles back!

Up next the Orsay, def more of my taste in art museums. Awesome sculptures (not so many weird penises) and an entire floor of Impressionism. Saw many Monet’s that I don’t recall seeing (like the ones of the church building in diff lights) and was able to compare several impressionist painters in the same room (of course their names escape me) but it was neat to see them side by side (thanks Llama for all the art ed on the side!)

Back to the Metro. Decided I would brave finding a restaurant in Bercy to eat at. Honestly, I haven’t been impressed w/ French food, but I never have been a food lover (sorry guys—you know who you are) and since I’m not really drinking, wine doesn’t sound that good, either. Why pay lots for something you don’t enjoy? So, I settled on a panini (one of the many styles of a French grilled cheese!)

I just want to know one thing, WHERE ARE THE VEGETABLES? I’m talking greens!
Here I stop eating all these white carbs in the states and now I’m craving good carbs! Hope it doesn’t take me too long to detox again! Laura, Nanez, & Sean you should be proud…after my cheeseburger in Detroit on Friday, I will be back to the good stuff!

One last day in Paris tomorrow—I’m thinking Catacombs, Notre Dame and something else, then shove clothes into the duffle bag, sleep, then have fun navigating airports.

I have learned so much…I loved the bike tour and can easily travel like that again, but this on your own in a huge city isn’t for me. I’ll have to say I’ve made the best of it, worn myself out daily, saw most of what I wanted to see, ate a crepe (once again, hate to disappoint, but it wasn’t that big of a deal) maybe I’ll stumble on those Macaroons tomorrow.


pics are here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=84221&id=1038297795&l=2797a6fdc5

No comments:

Post a Comment