20120227

Moon Tower cache 3 & 4

Went w MB on a ride to go grab 2 more moon tower caches. First moon tower was on Speedway, i've known about this tower for a while. Found the cache using the phone (ugh, my ebay gps stinks!) Then to remember that I forgot a pen. There was a cool coin inside, question is, is it trackable? Since we couldn't sign the log, we left it, (I think) I did try to sign the log w/ mud 7 a stick...fail.




Now on to Moon Tower #4 in west campus. I don't recall ever seeing one, so instead of using the gps, we used our eyes. After not having anyluck, we rode to the top of th Coop Parking garage to look for it. GPS & phone said it was 500 ft in the direction of a tall building, So we rode towards that building. I soon spotted just the base (the towere was missing) had read earlier that this tower was hit by a car at some point & 'rebuilt' I guess the base was the rebuild.

we looked for several minutes trying to find the cache. MB did find a penny pressed into one of the towers for a guideline, from 1991, so after the car hit it in the early 1990's. So, after a DNF, we headed to spicy pickle so MB could get a sandwich, I went next door to 7-11 to get the best sandwich--ice cream. Then back home.
:-)

*************************************************************
Miles for this ride: 10.56
Minutes on the bike: 68
Miles so far for the week: 10.56
Total miles for the month: for February 92.59
Total miles for 2012: 247.89
Miles to go: 1764 miles til 2012

Odometer: Road: 12003
Cross: 73.1

No comments:

Post a Comment