20110404

10K

I hit the biking milestone of 10000 miles on Saturday. I had wanted the ride to be something memorable, instead it turned out to be appropriate. When I bought my first road bike in 1999 off a friend from work (a Vitus, all aluminum frame, dura-ace components, I think I put about 3,000-4,000 miles on that bike, bought the LeMond in 2004 and really increased the riding!) I'm sure the first ride I did was down Shoal Creek Blvd, so it was rather appropriate that 12 years later I hit the 10,000 mile mark on Shoal Creek Blvd. Shoal Creek has also been a major part of the stroke recovery and my training, it's nice & wide and leads to other roads and routes and then leads home.
But this SC ride was different. For starters, I had to detour (major storm drainage construction) so I wasn't able to ride my favorite part of SC, if I had to have a favorite section. Then on my way back, I barely made it from the detour back to SC when I hit 10K.
the odometer hit 9999.9 on the side street perpendicular to SC.

Then once I was on SC, it turned to 10000. As I kid I recall wanting to hit 1000 miles on my odometer on my banana seat bike. I'm sure I hit it on the 10 speed, but I can't recall, I just know I never hit it on the banana seat bike, I did hit 100, though.

Since hitting 10000 miles, I lost my tenths, so I had to go an extra mile to make sure the odometer still worked, it did!


Miles for this ride: 11
Total miles for the month: 11
Total miles for 2011: 177
Miles to go: 1323 to hit 1500!
Miles to go to 10,000 on the speedometer: -1

No comments:

Post a Comment