20110420

M. Bonnell

Instead of doing a ride out of town KT & I decided to do the hills NW of the hood. First hill was going west on Steck to Mesa...just a gradual climb. Then we coasted down to Balcones. Lots of fun on the steep climb and another coast down to 38th...I looked at Kristen, "wanna do Mt. Bonnell?" "I don't know, how steep is it?" "not sure I've never ridden it." "well, if it's a wall we can always turn around." that being said we turned right instead of left and climbed Mt. Bonnell for the first time ever.
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would have been...I think Bee Caves on 360 is harder. So, Mt. Bonnell will now be added to the mix...next goal is the horrible hill of Highland hills where 9 yrs ago I bailed when my heart rate hit 185 and I was going 5 mph...I also didn't have the granny gear, i think I can do it, been doing some pretty steep climbs on the way to work.


On Sunday I went w/ Erwin to pick up Alison at the MS150, boy that brought back lots of memories of all the fun times I had riding w/ Diane, all 680 miles we rode and all 60+ port a potties we used. Miss ya lots D!
***************************
Miles for this ride: 17
Miles for the week: 50
Total miles for the month: 134
Total miles for 2011: 300
Miles to go: 1200 to hit 1500!
Loved that the odometer is binary: 10110

No comments:

Post a Comment