20110404

cap 10K

Capital 10 K got in the way of riding. It had been over 20 years since I last did the 10K, time for another post stroke goal.
Had I not injured my foot 2 weeks prior, I prob would have taken it more seriously, but since I was injured, it was time to have some fun! The Cap 10K was awesome!
I was the chicken and Elizabeth was the egg! We were racing to see who really came first!
We dodged runners and walkers for 6.2 miles, ran the flats and walked the hills! Stopped at every band and beer stop and had our pics taken by lots of folks! loved the screams from the kids! "look a chicken! and an egg!"
When we were racing down the shoot, the announcer was calling it perfectly, "look it's a race between the chicken & the egg! I wonder who will be first? It's the chicken, no, it's the egg, now it's the chicken, here comes the egg, 'go chicken, go egg' oh who really cares!" and the race to the finish proved the chicken came first by a step!


Then I rode the mountain bike at ABC (had another good turn out, the ladies are really excited! love the learning curve!


Miles for these rides this week: 5 for ABC count 6.2 run/walk...hard to believe I ran more than I biked (I think)
Roadkill for this ride: lots of paper cups
Total miles for the month: 81
Total miles for 2011: 166
Miles to go: 1334 to hit 1500!
Miles to go to 10,000 on the speedometer: 25

No comments:

Post a Comment