20120111

anti depression ride almost backfire

I missed out on riding the day before...totally gorgeous day...75 & sunny. I was out helping others...cut down a tree & burn weeds & clear the roof of leaves. at least I was outside.
so sunday came & I needed to do something to keep my serotonine levels up, ie, not get depressed. I bundled up...it was 58 or so & left to ride at least shoal creek.
when I got to hanock & bullcreek, I decided to go into the cemetery. interesting decision. I went on the quest to find Anne's grave (Anne is my ex mother in law). Still couldn't find it, but while riding around, I kept getting a sadness sweep over me, it involved the possibility of my mom's funeral service & feeling I would be alone for it. I let that sink in for a while. then left and finished the ride.
I think I felt better, but I was still blue, guess had I not gone out there I would have been really blue.

this week, I also completed my first commute for the year, wasn't too cold!

************************************
Miles for this ride: 13.5
Mins on the bike: 66
Miles for the week: 30.1
Total miles for the month: for January 53.1
Total miles for 2012: 53
Miles to go: 1959 miles til 2012

Odometer: 11874

No comments:

Post a Comment