20120103

2012 New Years Day Ride



oh the joys of life.
woke up around 7:30 am w/ stomach issues. great I have a bike ride in 2.5 hours. woke up again at 8:30, same stuff. at 9 started receiving the text messages about not being able to make it. sent KPT a message making sure she wasn't bailing, she wasn't.
I'm getting ready & I hear the cat barf..I have 3 small 2'x3' rugs in the house & the rest of the 1263 sq ft is tile or wood floor. cat chooses to puke on a rug. thanks cat. my mind started going down the 'oh this is a great start to 2012' path, but I turned it off and made myself realize it was just puke & poo not a sign from the Mayans.
Made my smoothie, then out the door to meet up w/ KPT & V.
I knew the rest of the day would go well when V arrived & he gave me a big hug & said 'happy new year.'
Easy bike to McKinney Falls State Park. Learned how to say left and right in Spanish.

Now the ride back wasn't as fun...I'm not a big fan of riding against the wind.

The post ride breakfast at Mi Victoria was super, as always.

************************************
Miles for this ride: 23
Miles for the week: 23
Total miles for the month: for January 23
Total miles for 2012: 23
Miles to go: 1989 miles til 2012
Mins on the bike: 111
Odometer: 11844

No comments:

Post a Comment