20130207

Church of the Skinny Tire

Sunday's Church of the Skinny Tire's service was incredible. We went out east of town. Wind wasn't too bad as we headed north, but once we turned east we received a faceful of it. At mile 7 I realized we missed a turn so we had an extra 4 mile adventure. During that adventure we saw a cool old stone bridge and two pigs that went wee wee wee all the way home when we said "hey Piggies" Also saw some sheep and donkeys, along w a fishing pond.
The next junction we stopped to look at the map & cue sheet. Map My Ride needs so many improvements or maybe I don't use it how it's supposed to be used. Could be that when I switch to the camera it kills the current location?
Along one road we saw something hanging off the phone line, gotta turn around & take a pic of that.
Turns out it was a phone, like the ones the phone repair guys use, why & how it got up there, it was tied pretty good? Who knows? Make up your own story & let me know & I'll tell you the ones we came up with.

Kellie got a closer view...

love the blue sky & yellow grasses and the fellow riders





We looked at the cue sheet at the next intersection, good thing cuz I wanted to go right but we were supposed to go left. I swear I didn't get this lost when riding w/ Diane. Is it the map my ride maps that print out so awful & have the wordiest turn directions or is it cuz I don't study the map over & over again, or is it because I don't put the map into the gps and use that...either way it's kinda funny how I seem to make wrong turns when I have a mini computer with me....Think I"ll stick to ACA maps and google maps on the phone. ;-)

Each time we stopped all you could hear was the wind or birds, very quiet & quite a blessing.

The sky had some really cool clouds.

Once we made it to Copeland, we took a break at the convenience store, had my first coke in a long time, possibly of the year, need to cut out the coffee at work, too. Coming back from Copeland we had the wind at our backs, made for a speedy trip. Really enjoyed the ride back, pushing yourself & felt like you were getting somewhere fast.


**************************************************************
Miles for this ride: 34.12 (4 more than predicted...oops)
Total miles for the month of February:  44.05 
Total miles for 2013: 174.81  (ahead 2012 by  10 miles, so not too bad)
Miles  til 2013:  1838.19  (got a long way to go)
One way commutes in February so far: 1
Total one way commutes in 2013: 5
Odometer
Road: 13303
Cross: 1524.1
Trip2:
Road: 124.70
Cross: 60.78

No comments:

Post a Comment