20130208

like a hipster

ok, not really, but kinda sorta so I'm saying I did...
A typical Austin Hipster wears skinny jeans, rides a single speed bike. So, how was I riding like  a hipster? Simple, I rode in jeans (my baggy jeans, not skinny jeans) on my partial ride home (I was only going to Mellow Johnny's and it was mostly downhill).



So for 5.98 miles I was  Pseudo Hipster Kim.
In all honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would have been until about mile 5, thus proving my theory that if I had a job downtown, I could commute in normal clothes, hopefully daily! But what was weird is riding in shoes that aren't clipped to the pedals.

At Mellow Johnny's Ladies night, Lauren was asking me about my commute & I explained to her that it was 9,5 to work and 8.5 coming home. Of course she asked why it was a mile longer to work & I explained the hills from hell on Rollingwood.

On my way back to work this morning, I started questioning myself as to why I didn't take that route. It first started out that I had to stop at Rudy's to pick up breakfast, but I had breakfast with me, then it was the heavy panniers, mine today wasn't too heavy, and finally I tried to use the excuse that I didn't get enough sleep last night and I'll be super exhausted, well it's been a while since I exhausted myself, so i decided that the worse that can happen was I fell off y bike, was taken to the hospital & thus missed work, with that in mind, I accepted the challenge & rode Rollingwood.

Amazingly, I made it up the first gear and wasn't in the granny gear!!! Of course once I realized that I switched to the easiest gear cuz I had 3 more hills to go. Made it to work in 3 mins less than normal and averaged 11.5 mph, so I ust have been doing something right. Either way, I'm going to take this route more often so my legs will get stronger!


**************************************************************
Miles for this ride: 5.98 & 8.35
Total miles for the month of February:  58.38
Total miles for 2013: 189.22  (ahead of  2012 by 7 miles)
Miles  til 2013:  1823.78  (got a long way to go)
One way commutes in February so far:3
Total one way commutes in 2013:6
Odometer
Road: 13303
Cross: 1557.00
Trip2:
Road: 124.70
Cross:76.31 (accidentally reset it again, darn it...now I get to add 67.86 each time....

No comments:

Post a Comment