20130219

Urban Adventure Weekend

It was a weekend for urban adventures. First adventure was Saturday afternoon. About a month ago I received a copy of "Hypocrites on Parade" George Bradford's most recent CD. Now what impresses me about this CD is Mr. Bradford wrote all the songs, then played all the instruments for each song, recorded them, then compiled it all into a CD and I think he did this all within one week. When I received my copy, there was a note asking me to photograph the CD in famous places around Austin and if I could get a pic of someone famous holding it , more points. So the challenge was on.

First stop:




Second stop:



Third stop:
 Fourth stop:
Fifth stop:
Sixth stop:
Seventh & final stop:
I think the owners of Springdale Underground Studio were impressed with the photos.I sure had fun navigating thru downtown to take them.

Then on Sunday it was time for the 2013 Austin Marathon adventure. Rode down to where the 1/2 marathon & full marathon split. Carried 10 pounds of bananas, a pound of jelly beans and a gorilla outfit 4 miles to the split. We were late in getting there, (bunnies don't ride bikes in the cold). Did make it in time to see Yvonne & Yungie, but we missed those that run way too fast.



Once we saw Yungie & distributed all of the jelly beans & bananas, it was time to go to the marathon party at Lori's up at mile 21. Only a 4 mile ride, but with some hills. I wasn't wearing my clip in shoes, so that meant I was using different muscles  to ride & boy did I feel that on Monday, I might as well have ridden 30 miles instead of 10. So interesting how the body works.

**************************************************************
Miles for this ride: 14.95 & 10.18
Total miles for the month of February:  86.38
Total miles for 2013: 217.22
Miles  til 2013:  1795.78  (got a long way to go)
One way commutes in February so far:3 uh oh, hope to be at 7 by the end of the month,
Total one way commutes in 2013:6
Odometer
Road: 13303
Cross: 1585.3
Trip2:
Road: 124.70
Cross: 104.23 (accidentally reset it again, darn it...now I get to add 79 each time....I think)



No comments:

Post a Comment