20130412

Spurs, Longhorns, Chix & Google

Since the last blog I've ridden the Spokes n Spurs ride, went on an ABCx ride & commuted to work.

Spokes n Spurs ride was great, a little cold since I was totally unprepared, should have worn the capri's or at least leg warmers! So, I had a pair of disposable arm warmers I put on my shins that helped a little!
I rode a bit w Maggie, it was great getting to know her more.


 The highlight of the ride besides the fun climbs had to be the longhorn laying by the fence.




too bad I didn't get the pic of Maggie jumping & screaming when the guy stood up as she was posing for a pic!
I think these ruts were made by wagon wheels, many moons ago...


On Tuesday, we had our first ABCx Tuesday ride of 2013. Sadly a lot of people bailed at the last minute, but those of us who rode had a blast!  Love what Grenita posted on fb after the ride.
"Wooohooo now that's what I'm talking about! Great first ride of the season with Austin Bike Chix!!! I needed that after today's poop landslide at work. Riding is so fulfilling and I can go farther. Lol!!"
I decided last week to change out my cassette & chain, then went on to change out the brakes. Ran into several problems & finally got the cassette & brakes working, only took 3 nights & the proper tool--a cable puller (I have no strength in my hands). Then the cassette was still squeaking,  a lot of forums said it could be a bad bearing in the rear axel, so the next thing you know I've taken it apart & started to put it back together when I noticed I was missing an O-ring on one cone & the other was badly worn, so I had to wait. Went to Breed's the next day & found 2 O-rings that I hope are working. Put everything back together & the derailleur wouldn't shift into the low gear--the one I need to get up those hills past the river! I ended up riding & tutoring , so I wouldn't be riding the cross bike home on Weds, took the road bike home & set a 2013 PR of 37 mins to fly home! I watched a bunch of derailleur videos at work & based on them I figured out the low adjustment was off, backed it out & it shifted! So happy!

On the ride to work Thursday morning, I stopped at MiV, got to eat an eclair since it was below 50! Once back  on the bike, I realized I left my water bottle at home, so I stopped at the Corner Store & bought a small bottle. At Windsor & Winsted as I was going thru the light, I noticed an oddly painted car at the light, I looked closer & it was the Google Street View car! Cool, I might be on streetview! then the water bottle fell & I had to lay down the bike ( Ialways forget I have a kickstand, doh!) and go walk to pick up my waterbottle! I will laugh even harder if I'm on streetview picking up my water bottle, but it will still be cool! Of course I dropped the water bottle one more time!

*************************************************************
Miles for these rides: 27, 10.5, 8.4, 10
Total miles for the month of April: 72.07
Total miles for 2013: 498.82
Miles  til 2013:  1501.18  (got a long way to go, but it's getting smaller)
One way commutes in April so far:4
Total one way commutes in 2013: 22
Odometer
Road: 13423
Cross: 1752
Trip2:
Road:243.99
Cross: 266.62

No comments:

Post a Comment