20130430

Old Spicewood Again & April 2013 Stats

I think this past weekend was my 3rd time to ride Old Spicewood in 2013 and it was a great ride once again like the other 2 have been this year. Went with Joy who was a bit intimidated about my description of the Big Hill, but in true Joy fashion she rocked it. No North wind to contend with, slightly overcast but a perfect temperature--mid 70's. Sadly I didn't take any pics, we just rode & chatted. Next big ride will be 360, then time to ride the dam loop. It's been since 2009 since I last rode the dam loop, I was ok until I hit the 3 hills necessary to avoid going down tumbleweed hill, would be rewarding to be able to go up those this time.


************************************************************
Miles for this ride: 32.6


************************************************************
My birthday week I completed my first 40% commute week where I commuted 40% of the week. Road home on Monday, back on Tuesday, then road both ways on Friday. I'm trying to do this again this week. I wanted to do it every week in April, but the weather (it actually rained) got in the way.
 On my way home yesterday, there was a pretty rainbow to follow. I was hoping I could get a pic of it over Town Lake & downtown, but it was the wrong way.



****************************************************************
Total miles for the month of April:  250.46 (ahead of last year by 20 miles)
Total miles for 2013: 690.58  (ahead  by  58 miles when compared to 2012)
Miles to go to hit 2013: 1322.42

One way commutes in April:12 (I think this might be a record for me, now to break it with Bike & Stroke Month)
Miles commuted:about 96
Total one way commutes: 30
Trip2:
Road: 327.79
Cross:  351.55 (who knows what it really is)
Odometer
Road: 13507
Cross: 1844.43

No comments:

Post a Comment