20130508

Bike Everyday in May 2013: Week 1 update

Bike Month 2013 is off to a great start! Here's a summary of the rides:

May 1: Commuted home Weds, sans my left glove, didn't notice it until I was 4 miles into the ride. Found a geocache at a place I ride by on every commute. The flowers are still pretty!
Gave a bike chix card to Laurie...hope she doesn't turn out to be like Chuckle Chuckle
8.39 miles

When I left work, I couldn't find my keys, guess where they were all day?

Where's my glove? Parking lot? Bag?



 May 2: back top work, with the wind at my back, left home 61 degees , 56 by the time I was at work, love spring cold fronts when they work out in my favor.
10.03 miles

May 3: Friday needed to get in a bike ride since I was going to Frisco tonight, it was 47 degrees, I didn't want to put on the full cold weather biking gear, so I put on dirty jeans, a long sleeve shirt & jacket & rode to the library to return my weeds DVDs. little 9 minute less than 2 mile trip that definitely woke me up.
1.74 miles

May 4: What to do? I'm in Dallas  to attend the Jimmy Buffett concert and I have no wheels. Solution solved, test ride a bike at REI.
My first attempt, I was informed I was too big & that I couldn't ride in the store.


So, I filled out  the paperwork, grabbed a helmet & a safety vest and went out to the parking lot.

I only rode .39 miles in 3 mins 48 seconds, but I'll count it.

May 5: Cinco d Mayo, tired from Jimmy Buffett and eager to play pinball, so, not needing any beer, I cruised thru the hood.
1.6 miles





May 6: errand to the grocery store. I only I didn't have to lock u[ the bike it would be so much easier, but oh well.
3.49 miles, 20 minutes, about the same as it takes driving, locking the bike is the pain, but one I need to learn to deal with.
Yes, those are eggs :-(


May7: Most fun ride of all, an ABCx ride followed by beers at the Pour House.
16.65 miles


******************************************************************************


Miles for these rides:see above
Total miles for the month of May:42.30
Total miles for 2013: 732.88
Miles til 2013:  1280.12  (got a long way to go, but it's getting smaller)
One way commutes in May so far:2
Total one way commutes in 2013:32
Odometer:
Road: 13507
Cross: 1864.7
Trip2:
Road: 327.52
Cross: 393.45

No comments:

Post a Comment