20130531

Bike Everyday in May 2013: last 11 days

Tried to slow it down this week to recover from last week.

May 22: Commute into work after a stop at MiV.
10 miles

May 23: Quick road bike ride in the morning, was supposed to be 30 mins of intervals, but I slept late.
1.53 miles

May 24: Beer run.  Which lead to the question if the Open Container law applies to bicycles. I found this online (cuz you know you can always trust the internet)
"Open container" means a bottle, can, or other receptacle that contains any amount of alcoholic beverage and that is open, that has been opened, that has a broken seal, or the contents of which are partially removed.
   (2) "Passenger area of a motor vehicle" means the area of a motor vehicle designed for the seating of the operator and passengers of the vehicle. The term does not include:
So, since there's not a motor on the bike, I guess it's ok unless you are drunk.
1.95 miles
 May 25: Errands by bike, went to Buck Moore for some more feed, then to HEB, sometime along the way, my Fitbit left me for good, we are now officially not in a relationship & won't be anytime soon.
6.61 miles

May 26: Road to JoLo's for a cookout. A carfree day, except for the carpool to the softball game.
6.12 miles

May 27: Rudy's to Rudy's via 360! What fun!


26.15 miles

May 28: ABCx ride! New people! And we saw Thong Man on a Bike! So cool that I have commuted to all but 1 or 2 rides this year!
16.2 miles

May 29: Weak intervals. In my attempt to hit 200 calories for Humana Vitality, I got bored just pedaling, so I did some intervals. Heart Rate only got up to 160, but I think that's still good. I ended up going a little over34 min at an average of 11.5 mph for 337 calories, doing the math, I should be able to go for only 20 mins at 11.5 mph, so next week when I'm not on "Bike Everyday In May" Month, I can just do 20 mins or I can take a 30 min walk...
I should figure out a picture to ride.

6.29 miles

May 30: Commute home, the long way via Barton Springs to the Pfluger bridge then Shoal Creek trail. Pretty hard ride, I was pushing it for some reason.
Love the empowering feeling when taking the lane
10.62 miles

May 31: Commute into work after eating the last eclaire at MiV. The South winds were a killer today, but its also amazing how they keep you coo, cuz once they were at my back, I became hot & sweaty.
10.49 miles

*****************************************************************************
Miles for these rides: see above
Miles for the 11 days: 87.49
Total miles for the month of May: 333.53 (30 more than 2012)
Total miles for 2013: 1024.11
Miles til 2013:  988.89  (below 1000 miles!)
One way commutes in May:14
Total one way commutes in 2013: 44 (6 more to 50, I'm going to have to step up my game to get to 100 before August...oh well, it might not happen)
Odometer:
Road: 13578
Cross: 2107.9
Trip2:
Road:398.57
Cross: 614.46




No comments:

Post a Comment