20121023

Bike Katy Trail Day 5


Kristen cooked an amazing breakfast--breakfast tacos w hash browns. Very tasty!




With Bill (Kristen's dad) following us, we could travel light, for me that meant the front camera bag & the 'flat' bag w tubes & CO2.



We rode down the hill to hit the trail & find a coffee shop or something. Unfortunately the breakfast or something else didn't agree w my head & stomach. Took 3 ibuprofen and hopped back on the bike.

Stopped at the statue to take some "cheers" pics.



Over the bridge and through the woods on our bikes to Augusta we must go.

The trees were still changing, definitely more leaves on the trail. Janice & Bob said they saw 19 snakes the other day, we've only seen 2 live snakes.


More farm country today. Always makes me wonder about GMO crops & what the farmer really thinks about them, does he feel duped? Is he making more $?Less? More  or less frustrated? Or how many of these fields are owned by big food giants who are sleeping w/ Monsanto?



This town looked cute, but according to other bikers, they were out of food, also.




Once in Augusta, the couple we met in Hartsburg that wouldn't shut up, were right-- it was uphill to our cabin, but everything in Augusta was up hill in one way or another.

Finally saw some sort of boat, wonder if the river was too low?



Cabin was cute, but cold, Kristen & I searched for several minutes for the heater/thermostat, only to have Amanda walk in and go right up to the thermostat & turn on the heat! Kristen & I definitely were good lookers, poor finders.

We went out to eat at some restaurant, I didn't make it through dinner, ate 1 chicken tender then went back to the cabin & crawled into bed, 3 blankets, a space heater and about 2 hours later I was finally warm.

I heard they had a great fire outside, so bummed I missed out on that. There also was some local wine. Seriously, I can go all year without getting sick, but I go on vacation and I get sick. Not fair.

********************************************************************************
Hermann to Augusta
Towns we passed by: Treloar, Marthasville, Dutzow
Time in saddle: 4 hours 41 mins
Miles for today's ride: 37.39
Total miles for the Katy Trail:210.54
Total miles for 2012: 2589.35
Miles to go:  -577.35  miles til 2012!!

Odometer
Cross:1210.8

No comments:

Post a Comment