20121025

Bike Katy Trail Day 6



Woke up feeling a bit better but still groggy. Ate 1/2 a bagel, had decided at that time I would catch a ride w Bill to St. Charles and then bike back to meet everyone. Kinda bummed, but it would be for the better, cuz I was not feeling 100%.
Went back to bed & thought about things. Since the bagel didn't have any negative affects on me, I got back up & decided to give the ride a try, worse thing that could happen was I crapped in my pants & Bill had to come pick me up. So I ate the remainder of the bagel and got dressed to ride.



Today was definitely the most crowded we have seen the trail. Near Matson we came across a bunch of middle schoolers out for a walk and when I say a bunch, I mean at least 2 bus loads.


Then in the next town (Defiance) we came across another bus load but these kids were on bikes.

The leaves continued to change & cover the trail.
This way view for most of the day, notice the 2 specs up ahead, that's Kristen & Victor. Thank you Amanda for letting me draft off you, especially when we hit the windy areas.


When we arrived in St. Charles, the trail took us thru the industrial section. looked like they were getting dirt from the river.







Met up w Kristen, Victor & Bill, decided to go into the old town & eat. It was then we decided we were finished, no need to go the additional 11 miles to Machens, time to order beer & food, then check out St. Charles.

Cheers! Great job Everyone!



St. Charles was cute!

My trusty bike getting a much needed rest.

It was just a little bit dirty and some leaves hitched a ride w me.




Time to head back to Clinton. Amanda & I get to ride in the back of the truck! Fun!

What a great trip! Sad to see it end, will definitely be doing something like this again!

Love this map of the Katy Trail, shows that we really did almost ride all the way across Missouri. BTW, google map says that from Kansas City to St. Louis it is 248 miles, so had we gone to Machens we would have gone all the way across.


********************************************************************************
Augusta to St. Charles
Towns we passed by: Matson, Defiance, Weldon Spring
Time in saddle: 4 hours 41 mins
Miles for today's ride: 28.51
Total miles for the Katy Trail: 239.05
Total miles for 2012: 2632.15
Miles to go:  -620.15  miles til 2012!!

Odometer
Cross:1239.05

No comments:

Post a Comment