20120828

Bike Swim Bike, Work, Bike

Last Thursday, I felt the need to make sure I got in 45 miles before Saturday's ride. I was only at 16.. so somehow I needed 29 miles. I also wanted to rest all day on Friday so, that meant a to & back home from work, problem or the benefit was I was swimming 7 miles away at 7 am. I got up at 5:55, before the chickens, and was on the bike at 6:25. I finally had decided to wear the swimsuit under my bike shorts & keep my sports bra on while swimming. after a miles, I realized I had left my phone at home! So much for my easy ride. So, I sent Lori a text, sped home, got the phone & went on my way. It took me the 35 mins like I predicted. I loved riding in the dark with the sun slowly rising, but my heartrate monitor was set to beep when I wasn't in Zone 2...and I couldn't figure out how to turn it  off!
I was much sweatier than anticipated, so I felt I should shower off. Nice surprise, the shower was heated!
I swam 12 laps, which was close enough to 800 m after a 9 mile ride. Went & showered off.
So I rode to work, wet jog bra & all. Stopped in at Rudy's, definitely deserved a John Prude Special breakfast taco after all the hills!
Once at worked, I changed into 'regular' clothes, thank goodness for a relaxed dress code! I ate the JP taco, the eggs, I broght, my shake and everything else I could find!
Come 2pm my clothese still weren't dry, so I layed them on KT's car for an hour, instant dry but talk about stink! Left work early to get to HH, I knew if I didn't ride to HH, I wouldn't go, plus I needed the extra miles! Very stanky once I made it to Blue Star, so I switched shirts (sorry to those driving on Burnet).
Cold beer & cheesey grilled cheese  a perfect end to a monumental day!

it was dark on the way to Stacy Pool!


*****************************************************
Total miles for this ride: 16.9 then 11.6= 37.5
Total miles for the month of August: 271.6
Total miles for 2012: 1719.71
Miles to go: 220.29   miles til 2012
One way commutes in August so far: 8
Total one way commutes: 58 (I've reached my goal)
Odometer
Road:
Cross: 676.3



No comments:

Post a Comment