20120829

PR for Joy & Jerry

Saturday rode the Mamma Jamma training ride out of Martindale w Joy & Jerry from ABCx. Joy & I had adventure plans for after the ride, so we were stoked.
Quick stop at the convience store in Martindale, Joy overheard the old men in the back complaining about he USADA, they must have spotted my livestrong jersey! I was impressed they knew who Lance was.
Took off for the ride, felt really good riding. Once we got to a Farm to Market road we got to deal w the gravel trucks using it to help build hwy 130. They were kinda scary. Once we got off that road, we were on the & Sisters road which is a series of 7 hills, we did 5 of them, I would like to go back and do all 7 in one stretch sometime...
Joy had been talking about how se feels like she isn't going very fast or getting faster, so I let her know when she wasn't shifting down soon enough, I hoped it helped.


At Fentress, we decided to not do all 49 & cut off the last 2 sisters and another big hill. Good decision since I once again didn't sleep the night before.
Once we were finished, we added on one more mile by biking to a geocache.
In the end Joy's average as 13.8, her highest average ever & Jerry averaged 13.5 his higest ever, too!
After the ride, we picked up a 6 pack 7 some sonic, then went to San Marcos to tube & chill! Great day!

*****************************************************
Total miles for this ride: 43.65
Total miles for the month of August: 315.25
Total miles for 2012: 1763.36
Miles to go: 236.64   miles til 2012
One way commutes in August so far: 8
Total one way commutes: 58 (I've reached my goal)
Odometer
Road: 12904

Our Guide
cheese!
130 being built
 

No comments:

Post a Comment