20120828

Biking to Mora

Staying at my cousins in Missouri, out in the country, I had decided to bike to Mora. I knew my cousins lived in Mora, but I had never seen the 'town', then a friend who passed away was from Mora, too. (such a small world). Well, after a ATV tour of the ranch, it was too late to bike from their house to Mora, so I drove (the long way) to the intersections of roads U & V and set to bike the 4 miles to Mora from there.
While riding I realized how much Missouri looked liked Texas right now because of the drought they are having. Brown grass and green trees with rolling hills. I completely missed the sign that said "Mora" I was too busy looking the other direction at Mora. So I road to Mora & didn't know it...it was definitely one of those "don't blink or you'll miss it metropolitan areas." Once I got to the Mora Conservation area, I decided to turn around. Heading back in I found the "Mora" city limits sign.



Took a right hand turn to visit the city of Mora, took a few pics, U-turned and went back.
 
 
 
 

It was a nice 9 mile ride, now I know where Mora is and Mary was happy I went to visit Cecil.

*****************************************************
Miles for this ride: 9.36
Total miles for the month of July so far: 232.05
Total miles for 2012: 1437.88
Miles to go: 806.17 miles til 2012
Odometer: Creoss: 542.7

No comments:

Post a Comment