20120820

Lone Granger

Knowing I was going to a happy hour Friday night, I went on the Mamma Jamma training ride on Sunday, even volunteered to float as a ride leader.
Had my fuel from Mi Victoria (2 tacos, a huge eclaire & a coke) was ready for the 46 mile ride in new territory.
It had rained an inch or so the night before, so the morning was on the cool side, a bit humid but cool. I started in the middle of the pack, but we soon lost the front group, then was passed by a group doing the 65 mile route, so I followed them.
I knew we had to take a different turn, but I missed it, so I met up w/ Elaina & we figured out where we were, & set out to get back on track.
There were so many dead toads on the road, at least 100 of them, many on their backs, they looked to be smaller than normal, I guess they hopped to the road to escape the flooded fields only to meet a tire. Also saw a dead turtle, snake & a bird, but mostly toads, so sad.

It was a really interesting time of year to ride, some fields were freshly tilled, others just harvested and others waiting to be harvested. Then we came to a field that was full of cactus and another area that was forested. But they all had one thing in common, mud & lots of it & sadly a few less toads.

A field of something, still 'growing'

Cotton ready to be picked.

The love Shack amongst a field that was recently harvested or tilled.

A Texas Barn.

A canopy of trees.


I also realized at the rest stop that I hit 1000 miles on my road bike for the year! woo hoo!


*****************************************************
Total miles for this ride: 52 (longest of the year so far)
Total miles for the month of August: 226.26
Total miles for 2012: 1674.37
Miles to go: 337.63   miles til 2012
One way commutes in August so far: 6
Total one way commutes: 56 (I've reached my goal)
Odometer
Road: 12860
Cross: 630.9

No comments:

Post a Comment