20130115

first commute of 2013

Completed my first commute to work last week. In an unusual twist I went to and from work on the same day. Usually I ride home on Thursday (leave my car at work) then ride back into work on Friday.

When I first looked at the weather app it showed a high of 70 on Friday and a low of 63, well to be that means when I wake up on Friday it will be 63, but apparently I think completely backwards than the weather people and that will be the low the next morning (huh?) Friday morning occurs from midnight to 11:59am, isn't that when the low temperature on Friday usually would happen? NO! I woke up and it was 42 degrees! Not a happy Kim.





So the ride to work was COLD until I got to the hills, then it warmed up a little bit & I lost my breath! And to make matters worse, I woke up late, thus didn't have time to go to MiV, so Rudy's tacos it was.

Ride home was uneventful, but I made it in 42 mins ride time, that's the time to beat for the year. I'm wondering if I could do it in 35 on the road bike? hmmm

Don't think I'll be commuting this week, lows at 31 each morning, even w my new headgear, that's way too cold!


**************************************************************
Miles for this ride:  9.16   & 8.41
Total miles for the month of January:  56.79 (behind 2012 by 4 miles, so not too bad)
Total miles for 2013: 56.79
Miles  til 2013:  1956.71 (got a long way to go and it's too cold to ride!)
One way commutes in January: 2
Total one way commutes: 2
Odometer
Road: 13211
Cross: 1506.3
Trip2:
Road: 32.21
Cross:24.62

No comments:

Post a Comment