20130117

Lunchtime Ride #1

Too cold to bike to work in the mornings <45 not my thing as of now, so with a sunny day and the highs in the 50's, I decided to take a quick spin at lunch. And even better Kellie joined me! Kellie is training for the MS150 & feels she is already behind, I say BS, she could go out & ride it fine this weekend.

Our plan was to ride 360 from work (North) for 20 mins, turn around & come back. Doing so would mean we would have to ride up the Bee Caves hill. I had warned Kellie about it, so I think she was prepared.

The sun was shining on the walls of 360 making them even more dramatic than usual, I had to stop when going uphill to take a pic.  Love the many layers of color and the deep blue sky.




At the next light, we this a homemade banner. Love that someone felt passionate enough to place this. Love Austin.

Love & Hug More     

Slow turn around at the shopping center, now to go uphill, then slight down, then up, then big down followed by a big up. Fun stuff, I tell you.

It looks like Kellie is going downhill, but I don't think we were.

When we got to the big up (Bee Caves exit heading south) I think I was going 36 mph at one point on the big down, that soon went down to 14mph, which I'm pretty sure went down to about 7mph (I didn't look). This part of the road was full of dirt & gravel---thank you construction trucks. Once to the top & safely over the exit ramp, I congratulated Kellie on making it up, she responded, "That hill was an all caps bitch, even my fibroids are hurting!" Classic Kellie quote!

**************************************************************
Miles for this ride:  10.58
Total miles for the month of January:  67.37  (behind 2012 by  13 miles, so not too bad)
Total miles for 2013: 67.37
Miles  til 2013:  1945.63 (got a long way to go)
One way commutes in January: 2
Total one way commutes: 2
Odometer
Road: 13222
Cross: 1506.3
Trip2:
Road:42.81
Cross:24.62

No comments:

Post a Comment